Wednesday 5 August 2015

When I am gone





Would they celebrate my death
Or my birth?
Would they cry with joy or
With deep sorrow?
Would they ask why God
Or would they say thank you Lord!

I lived a life as best as I knew how
I loved as much as I could
I tried never to hurt intentionally
But inevitably I left a few tears behind me.
I tried to remember to pray everyday
To thank God for my endless blessings
But my complaints seemed prevalent
And mind and time consuming.

Would the hearts I mended miss me
Or those I broke curse me.
Would the lives I aided smile at my sight
Or those I ended spit at me?

Would my life be well lived as God intended?
Or time well spent as Satan planned?
When I am gone would they say,
Yes we know her and the human being she was?
Would they smile in understanding that
Life is best lived through errors

No comments:

Post a Comment