Friday 18 September 2015

Black



Black

By my skin colour I am judged
It has always been
And it seems it will always be so
All they ever saw was black.

Not by my intellect
Not by my diplomas.
Degrees and Doctrates
Mean nothing to them
Because bottom line
I am a black Doctor

I am a Black CEO
A Black Manager
A Black Something
Before anything
Because being Black
Somehow is a comma
Before the continuation

The funny thing is
Even my own kind
See me as Black
Not just a person
But a Black person.

It is not the feeling of shame
That instills anger
But the connotations
Infringed with being Black
Bother me.

They hate me because
I am not as stupid
As they classified me to be
Not as Kaffir as they made me

I AM BLACK AND INTELLIGENT
BLACK AND PROUD
BLACK AND INDIVIDUAL
BLACK AND STUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment