Wednesday 5 August 2015

Can you hear my cry?




She lay silently uttering loud pleas
Of you should have heard me!
You should have heard me scream out silently to you,
To please listen
Just take a moment to listen.

You walked by every time
With not a glance let alone a hello
Laughing with your friends was your way
Of letting me know you were around.
I wept each time I saw you, remembering
Our friendship so long forgotten by you.

Now she spoke louder than she ever did to you
She screamed it and now you heard
The, I love you’s, I need help!
Now you listen and comprehend.

I longed to speak to you

To hold your hand and freely speak

Cause you, only you understood. Don’t you?

No, I guess I was wrong.

For had you understood, had I been right,

You would have listened, you would have heard

I wanted to just be heard, heard by you

But your silly games and not-so-real friends

Became your priority

And I was just a minority in your glamorous life

You now heard every tear
Felt every strand of anger and
Witnessed every ounce of pain.
She slept peacefully. It seemed like the last time
You were together talking, laughing, joking.

But she would hold you back.
She was of no class and you wanted more
This was it, you knew
This was your doing and you knew
Had you heard her evident cries
You wouldn’t be witnessing her peaceful
Everlasting slumber.

Evident in her walk so small and mute

Almost non-existent and you wanted it that way

Silent no-more. She now screams

You should have heard my cries, you should have!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment